Benefits of Health Shared Services BC
The purpose of shared services is to enable the health authorities to be more effective and efficient by integrating common non-clinical service delivery. By reducing costs and risk and increasing predictability, capacity and opportunity, we get the most value out of every dollar spent, and the health authorities will have more resources available to go to direct patient care.
Additional benefits include:
- Economies of scale by working collaboratively
- Increased opportunities for career development and the retention of skilled employees
- Reduced duplication, with consolidated systems and technology
- Demonstrated results showing the costs of doing business are transparent and equitable
- Focus on customer service and performance management