Health Shared Services BC Technology Services
The health care environment is one that relies heavily on the flow of, and access to, information. There is a vast array of systems and equipment involved in supporting the information requirements of our health authorities. Health Shared Services BC has an opportunity to increase resources to patient care by leveraging Technology Services through the consolidation of operations and infrastructure.
Health Shared Services BC Technology Services include:
- Development of standards and policies for healthcare technologies and security,
- Acquisition, delivery and support of standardized desktop and mobile technologies (Service Desk)
- Provision of standard data network, voice, video, and collaboration technologies
- Monitoring of backend technologies (data centres, core communications closets, servers and disk storage)
Additional benefits of shared services include:
- Reduced costs as a result of standardized procurement and combined negotiating solution
- Reduced costs as a result of consolidated networks, data centres, service call centres and related support models
- Enhanced information flow as a result of common and integrated infrastructure serving clinical and business operations
- Improved customer/user experience as a result of common standards and levels Of service for technology support consistent with the needs of health authorities
- Optimized support by sharing specialized skills and more effective deployment of existing human resources and expertise
Health Shared Services BC is already consolidating Technology Services operations and infrastructure across the Provincial Health Services Authority, Vancouver Coastal Health-Providence Health Care and Fraser Health in order to create a solid technical foundation for the health authorities. The result will be an integrated and standardized clinical and business operation within a sustainable technical operating environment.
Health Shared Services BC has defined a process to handle requests for service to ensure they are delivered in a timely, high-quality, and cost-effective fashion. The improvements to Technology Services that result from shared services are based on industry standards, leverage existing best practices and work well with the processes used by IMIS teams in the Health Authorities.